Last week we discussed the reasons why to help patients compare plans and what types of patients are in need of your assistance. With Open Enrollment quickly approaching, we want to make sure that you have all of the tools necessary to reach all of your patients effectively. We continuously update iMedicare to save you time, save patients money, and bring in new business! Here are some of the new features we have added that can greatly benefit your pharmacy:
- Updated plan comparison print out - for the patients who would like to think over their plan options, we have updated the printable information that you can send them home with to include copays for the different phases of coverage.
- All-eligible patients letter - sending out letters to newly eligible Medicare patients is important, but by reaching out to currently eligible patients before open enrollment can help them find a plan that saves them, and your pharmacy a lot of money! You can find this letter under the "Reports" tab.
- Symbol descriptions - we know that there is a lot to take into consideration when comparing plans, so for your convenience we have added a description of each symbol in iMedicare which can be viewed by hovering your mouse over the symbol.
- Hiding patients in iMedicare - if you are comparing plans for patients in the pharmacy and want hide the list of all of the other patient names when you are working with customers!
- BIN and PCN numbers for plans - we have added in a downloadable list of all the BIN and PCN numbers for your patient's plan options. Check them out under the "Reports" tab.
We know the time demands that come along with being a pharmacist, iMedicare has your back! To help you save time and keep patients coming in, we have created some easily accessible marketing materials to help you reach out to your current patients and community. Printing out a few fliers to have on the counter or displaying some signs around the pharmacy are quick and easy reminders to patients that you can help them choose the right plan.
Does your pharmacy use LDM or Catalina? If so, you can set up a letter to be printed out automatically for every patient over 65 when they come to fill their prescriptions, letting them know about the Medicare services that you offer. This way, if you are they are too busy for a plan comparison, we can help provide a friendly reminder to come back in for a free comparison.
Did you know iMedicare can be used anywhere that you have access to a computer or tablet? Going around to community events, senior centers, or health fairs provides you the opportunity to help patients choose the best plan for them, and one that gives your pharmacy the highest reimbursements! This is a great way to get the word out to bring in new patients who may not have known that you have this tool to quickly help them enroll in a Medicare plan and save money. Meet a patient that doesn't currently fill prescriptions at your pharmacy? iMedicare can even help you pull over the prescriptions that they are filling at any pharmacy!
In addition to saving your patients money and ensuring that they can continue coming to your pharmacy, iMedicare provides you with the opportunity to look into your reimbursements and DIR fees associated with each plan. It is our mission to help you save time and money by simplifying the maze of options available to patients, while also creating transparency for your pharmacy to navigate the confusing industry of PBMS, insurance companies and PSAO's.
So how much will comparing plans for patients help during this Open Enrollment? In 2014, pharmacies that utilized iMedicare helped their patients save an average of $1,100! iMedicare will help you capitalize on the extraordinary service you are providing to help increase patient retention and patient referrals. So as we gear up for Open Enrollment, feel free to reach out to us at anytime if there is anything that we can do to help!